ASIC & FPGA Design
Our Engineering team has decades of experience in developing products for a variety of sectors, including consumer products, enterprise networking, microprocessors, cloud computing and data centers. We understand that each industry is different and has its own set of challenges and constraints.
To meet new market demands, we have a design team that provide our clients with the ability to rapidly expand their project team at a moments´ notice by addressing new design requirements.
Whether it is power, performance or area, we can help you to make the right trade offs and help design the right product. Since our engagement model is flexible we help companies even without an ASIC team to diversify their portfolio by developing ASIC from nothing more than a white-board discussion.
Along with helping you in the migration from FPGA to ASIC, we also offer services in one or more phases of an ASIC design such as verification or physical implementation, which allows you to meet your goals more efficiently.
Our domain of expertise extends from Consumer market to Enterprise Server and Networking markets. In the Consumer space, we have built low power Digital Signal Processors (DSP), Thin Client ARM-based SOC’s and various codes. In the Enterprise Server segment, we have developed extensive experience in building SPARC CPUs, SPARC and X86 multi-processor cache and memory controllers and so on. We have also built high performance Enterprise Network controllers for 1Gb/s, 10Gb/s and 40Gb/s market segments.
If you just have a product idea in mind, we can help you to develop a feasibility analysis. We can develop ASIC microarchitecture, identify functionality that can be easily acquired externally, provide estimates for die-size, power, development cost and a schedule to build, debug and deliver a product that you can ship.
We have been building products for over 25years. In the last 10 years, we have built products at all process nodes from 130nm down to 28nm. For our own products, we have used a range of IP from all the leading IP vendors. They include:
- CPU cores for control and data plane processing
- High-speed serial interfaces such as USB, PCIe, Ethernet, SPI4.2
- Mixed signal IPs such as ADC/DAC, PLLs, DDR PHYs
Our team has also integrated a wide range of third-party IP Blocks from leading IP vendors and ASIC suppliers for the products that we have developed. They include:
- ARM9, ARM11, Cortex-A9, Cortex-A15 & Tensilica family of cores for control and data plane processing
- High-speed serial interfaces (SERDES) for PCIe, Ethernet & Optical networking applications
- Mixed signal interfaces for DVI, HDMI, USB, DDR and so on
- Mixed signal blocks such as ADC/DAC, PLLs, Temperature sensors and so on
- Protocol interfaces such as Ethernet MAC/PCS, PCIe PIPE, USB host and device controllers
- Interconnect fabrics such as AHB, AXI, OCP. Peripheral interfaces such as SPI/UART/I2C/MDIO/NOR/NAND flash
- DMA controllers and DDR controllers from DDR1 to DDR4
We have developed valuable experience in integrating and customizing all of these IP modules for our product needs. We have experience in building tool-chains to speed up silicon debugging, characterization, firmware development and customer support. We know what it takes to go from first samples to volume production.
"Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless."
– Thomas Edison